trio of slipcovers
Myfirst attempt at making a slipcover was to make a new cushion for my ming armchair. I used fabric from a yukata that my father purchased in Tokyo when he was in the Air Force in the early 1950s. The binding around the neck and down the front of the robe transformed nicely into the binding around the edge of the cushion. Finally, the tie belt was perfect for the cushion’s side ties.
My second slipcover was for a craigslist find. I made a simple ruffled seat cover for this pretty cane back chair resting ever so sweetly in the dining room.
The third chair cover has a distinctive feminine flair. This pretty armchair was gracing a guest bedroom until just recently, when it relocated to the parlor.
Thank you so much for dropping in, I genuinely enjoy your company 🙂